Frequently Asked Questions
- Close off your chimney when your fire is not in use. Most open fires in sitting rooms are not in use for over 80% of the year. The Chimney Draught Stop allows you to easily close off your chimney when your fire is not in use thereby eliminating the cold draughts that you can feel at your feet, and at your door. This also ensures that you will retain all your valuable central heating within your room and home as well as dramatically improve your comfort levels.
- To easily use your open fire when you want to use it.
- Maintain your beautiful fireplace as the centre piece of your room without visually impacting on your room or fireplace.
In other words, it allows you to have all the benefits of having an open fire, whenever you want an open fire, without having any of the heat losses that occur naturally as a result of having an open chimney in your home.
- Closed – when your fire is not in use. To close the Chimney Draught Stop simply pull forward the closure plate, using the handle provided.
- Open – when you want to light your fire. To open the Chimney Draught Stop simply push back the closure plate, using the handle provided.
It is retrofitted on top of your existing fireback without any interference to your fireplace or room.
We have a strict installation policy of “If in doubt, leave it out”. This ensures that no compromise will ever be made on the quality of installation completed or on service delivery, giving you added peace of mind.
Chimney Draught Stop Ltd. install all over the country. We can give you references from satisfied customers located close to you, no matter where you live in the country.
If your fireplace has a 16″ or 18″ fireback the cost to you is €250 installed, VAT included.
If your fireplace has a 16″ or 18″ back boiler the cost to you is €350 installed, VAT included.
If your fireplace has a larger opening than the above sizes, then we will conduct a site visit to measure, design and manufacture a bespoke model to suit your fireplace. The typical cost here is €350 to €475 installed, VAT included.
We do not charge a call out fee to carry out surveys.
The Chimney Draught Stop is manufactured, installed and certified to comply with, and exceed, all the relevant ISO and BS standards and specifications. For use on solid fuel fires only.
The Chimney Draught Stop has been independently tested by the leading testing authority in the UK, KIWA/Gastec at CRE Ltd (www.kiwa.co.uk.) Based on this testing we can guarantee annual heating savings of 15% per annum to every home.
Our results also show that, for newer and/or well insulated homes, the savings are closer to 25% per annum.
The Chimney Draught Stop is registered by the SEAI and, once installed, will increase the BER rating of your house. So, by installing the Chimney Draught Stop, not only are you guaranteed to save money annually on your heating and energy bills but you also improve the BER Rating on your home and, therefore, the value of your home.
Once installed the Chimney Draught Stop is totally maintenance free. As the Chimney Draught Stop has no mechanical moving parts, this ensures that it cannot, or will not, self-close while your fire is lighting.
We give a five year guarantee on installation. This, along with our certification and professional installers, gives you added peace of mind.
To easily illustrate this air movement in your room simply place a broadsheet of newspaper across your fireplace opening and watch it being sucked up. This is what is happening to your central heating.
We give a guarantee on installation “chimney draught eliminated or your money back”.